Hawzah News Agency- Al-Hindi, a member of the political bureau of Hamas, was responding to Netanyahu’s remarks in which he vowed to strip the Movement of its weapons in the Gaza Strip “by easy means or by force''.
Netanyahu made the comments during a press conference on Tuesday, claiming that Israel is currently focused on disarming Hamas across the entire Gaza Strip and insisting this would be achieved “by any means necessary''.
Speaking in an interview with Al Jazeera Mubasher, al-Hindi said he followed part of Netanyahu’s speech and described it as a “misleading narrative” aimed at portraying the Israeli occupation army as a “moral and humane force'', a claim he said bears no relation to reality.
He stressed that the issue of weapons cannot be separated from the reality of occupation, emphasizing that “arms are a purely national matter, and the decision regarding them is a Palestinian one taken collectively by the factions and the Palestinian people''.
Al-Hindi added that the continued presence of occupation on Palestinian land makes resistance unavoidable.
He noted that any remaining weapons, if they exist, fall under the category of personal defensive arms, explaining that “these are not offensive weapons, but tools for self-defense''. Such weapons, he said, are found in nearly every household, particularly in light of the continued spread of criminal gangs in Gaza that were fostered by the occupation.
In a related context, al-Hindi reaffirmed Hamas’s full commitment to what was agreed upon with mediators, pointing to the handover of the final remains of Israeli soldier Ran Gvili and the provision of information as soon as it becomes available.
He said the resistance “does not take pride in holding bodies'', recalling that it previously handed over 20 Israeli soldiers and officers alive, in addition to 28 bodies, as part of efforts to resolve this issue from the outset.
By contrast, al-Hindi accused Israel of failing to uphold its obligations under the agreement, citing continued killings, the closure of crossings, and violations of the humanitarian protocol.
He stated that since the agreement was signed in October last year, 503 Palestinians have been martyred and more than 325 wounded, underscoring that Israel continues to breach the understandings reached.
Al-Hindi concluded by stressing that the resistance’s commitment does not signify weakness, insisting that the Palestinian people “will not raise the white flag''.
“We are dignified and honorable people,” he said. “We reject defeat and will not submit to this criminal enemy''.
Source: Palestinian Information Center
Your Comment